Feb 17, 2009

Euphoria evening

Euphoria came to Kerala for a live concert on Sunday at Nishagandhi auditorium where GEC Barton Hill was conducting a college fest. This was my first experience at a rock concert and I must say its really err vibrating! Probably the wrong word to use, but you get the picture – the music system was 50000 watts strong!

 

To be honest I haven’t heard any of their songs before. So I had nothing to look forward to except wonder what a real concert looks and feels like. But why I enjoyed this was that this was that it was easy to be part of it. The few stage performances I have been to before have been pathetically tiring – since most of the audience makes it a point to turn into statues that breathed and blinked! I am not talking about classical concerts. I mean the occasions when the whole stage is tuned to bring the audience to feet or at least ‘shake ‘em up’ – and the only shaking that you get comes from a ceiling fan or a distant tree top!

 

Euphoria had turned the whole crowd into a pack of jumpers and shouters. I realize when I say this that there is an entire school of thought that would harshly come down on this kind of a reaction. Their songs by the way were best suited for the occasion. Sometimes they would come out with slow songs you could sway along to and get lost in your thoughts and dreams in. And the other times you have them jumping songs which need no manual on ‘how to enjoy’!

 

Well it was a great evening. Don’t know if it could be an every-person kind of thing but am sure its worth a try J

No comments: